In part 2 of our dry skin series, we research what truly nourishes your skin from inside out. Your skin is a good indicator of your overall health and it turns out your skin needs these 5 key nutrients to help keep it hydrated and glowing,
What to Eat To Beat Dry Skin
- Omega 3: A deficiency in omega 3 shows up as – yes, you guessed it – dry skin! Salmon and other fatty fish like tuna, herring and trout as well as flax seeds are rich in Omega 3 essential fatty acids which helps to retain moisture and strengthen the skin barrier.
- Silica: is found in water-rich vegetables such as cucumbers and celery both of which give a boost to increasing your skin’s hydration leading to increased elasticity.
- Vitamin E: Nuts, avocado and olive oil are all rich in vitamin E, which has long been known to be especially beneficial to skin health. Vitamin E protects the skin from oxidative cell damage and protects the skin barrier.
- Vitamin A: Sweet potatoes, pumpkins, carrots and winter squash are beta-carotene-rich vegetables which also have an abundance of vitamin A, one of the most important nutrients for preventing dry skin as it helps lock in moisture.
- Water & Water rich foods: Skin needs moisture to stay flexible. Even mild dehydration will cause your skin to look dry, tired and slightly grey. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day and don’t forget that some fruit and vegetables, such as watermelon, celery, courgette and cucumber, also contribute fluids – the added benefit is that the minerals they contain will increase the rate you hydrate your body and skin.
Great looking skin is about much more than just the beauty products you choose to put on it.
#BeBaobabWise #BaoCareSkinRepair #BePartoftheBaobabStory